GeoMind develops C++ modules for GIS tasks, usually exposed by standard WPS web-services.
The base Computing Server modules contain:
- GIS format access modules for input/output
- projection transformations
- optimized raster formats (multiresolution, tiled) supporting any data dimension
The advanced functionalities are part of the following suites.
TERRAIN COMPUTING SERVER
Manage, catalog, modify, process and analyze GIS rasters of any type and dimension.
Terrain Computing Server enables historicization on 3D raster data with minimal redundancy.
It implements multiresolution and spatial indexing, it supports projection transformation and calibration.
Terrains Computing Server exposes many processing algorithm dedicated to DEM and many analysis tools. All this can be enriched by mean of pluggable algorithms.3D analysis tools.
Terrains Computing Server can create 3D meshes on the fly.
Terrains Computing provides its features throught WPS, the standard web service by OGC. Its dynamic libraries can be used also for desktop applications.
- Import and catalog rasters with history
- Multiresolution, tiled and indexed formats
- DEM Analysis (slope, aspect, profile…)
- DEM Process (flatten, level line, escavate…)
- Hydrography (flooding, dam, basin…)
- Production of 3D surfaces (meshes)
- Projection transformations
- Extensible via plug-ins
- Available dynamic libraries
- Portable C++ code
Procedural Visualization allows to reconstruct artificial but realistic representations of the world, obtained from vector thematic data, with a high level of quality and detail, with emphasis on the reconstruction of vegetation.
GeoMind provides C++ dynamic libraries to produce procedural images in real time on large areas.
Procedural images are provided by mean of a web-services (WPS) and the libraries can use GPU accelaration to increase rendering performances.
Typical field of application of Procedural Visualization is the representation of the real world, or the representation of future modification of the landscape, for planning and for design purposes.